Novel, Step By Wicked Step - Moral Values
Moral values are found in every poem, story or novel. Moral values are values that may be rightor wrong or lessons about life that one can learn. In this novel, Step By Wicked Step, there aremany moral values. Each moral value must be supported by evidence from the text.Below are some examples of moral values:
1. Appreciate family relationships and try to get along with family members.
2. Think carefully before one makes a decision.
3. Being Responsible.
4. Coping With Change/Adapting To A New Situation
1. Appreciate family relationships and try to get along with family members. (Pixie’sStory & Claudia’s Story)
• There must be love in a family. Love brings all the members of the family together.
• Family relationships break down if there is a lack of understanding.
• Family member must work together and support each other.
• Family members must be tolerant towards each other. They must learn to give and take.
• Family members must be caring towards each other.
• Family members must be honest and truthful to each other.
• Family members must appreciate each other.
• Family members should protect each other
2. Think Carefully Before Making A Decision. (Richard’s Story)
• We have to make many decisions in life.
• When we make any decisions, we must consider others as well.
• Every decision we make has a consequence (effect) on us or someone else.
• Sometimes we make right decisions and sometimes we make wrong decisions.
• The right decisions will bring good results (beneficial) whereas the wrong decisions canbring harm.
• Right decisions bring positive changes and wrong decisions bring about negativeconsequences.
• Negative consequences from a wrong decision cannot be reversed.
3. Being Responsible (Claudia’s Story & Pixie’s Story)
• Parents should be responsible for their children.
• Children should be responsible towards their parents and siblings (brothers and sisters).
• We have to be responsible for any decisions we make.
• We have to be responsible for the consequences of the decision that we make.
4. Coping With Change/Adapting To A New Situation (Pixie’s Story & Claudia’s Story)
• Change happens all the time.
• Change disrupts normal routine.
• Change can cause problems.
• Adapting to change is better than resisting.
• We can change things for the better but this requires patience and effort.